Egypt is a very popular country among travelers as it has an incredible history and is home to the only remaining Ancient World Wonder in the world, The Great Pyramid of Giza.
In order to travel to this destination, Mexicans need to process a visa, so this time we share with you everything you need to know and do to obtain this document.
The visa process can be done upon arrival in Egypt, at the airport, or before starting the trip, at the Egyptian Embassy in Mexico; however, the embassy recommends that travelers do the paperwork before traveling because some airlines do not allow boarding if the passengers do not have this document.
The requirements to process the visa upon arrival at the airport are:
- Ordinary passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the arrival in Egypt.
- A sheet available for migratory stamps.
- Duty payment (about 25 USD)
- Comply with the health requirements for Covid-19
The requirements to process the visa at the embassy are:
- Request the visa application by email to [email protected]
- Fill out and sign the application, by hand with legible handwriting, it can also be typed. The signature must be the same as the one on the passport.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months from arrival in Egypt.
- The passport must have at least one blank page (preferably two), otherwise the visa cannot be issued.
- Two 4cm photographs. wide by 6cm high (NOTE: It is not passport size) in front, in color, with a white background and a clear face.
- Copy of the plane ticket, round trip.
- Copy of the land itinerary, hotel reservation, contracted tourist packages or the cruise itinerary.
- 1 ticket: 700 pesos. (validity of 3 months, 30 days maximum stay)
- Multiple tickets: 1,575 pesos. (valid for 6 months, 90 days maximum stay)
Steps to follow to process the visa at the embassy:
- Appear at the Egyptian Embassy on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. with the requested documents. It is not necessary to make an appointment.
- Once the documentation is approved by the Consul Officer, they will be given a bank account number to make the payment of rights. It cannot be done before since no refunds are made in case the visa is not approved.
- The payment of the visa is made at the Scotiabank Bank located in front of the embassy.
- Once the payment is made, the deposit slip must be shown to the Consulate and upon receipt they will be given a counter-receipt that will indicate the date of the visa passport.
- The delivery of the visa passport will be made by presenting the counter-receipt after 2 or 3 business days.
If you take your application on a Monday or Tuesday, the visa passport will be delivered to you on Thursday of the same week, if you take it on Thursday, the visa passport will be delivered to you on Monday or Tuesday of the following week. Please note that the hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The visa process is done only at the Embassy of Egypt in Mexico, which is located at Alejandro Dumas #131, Col. Polanco, in Mexico City.
The documentation cannot be sent by parcel or courier, so if you do not live in Mexico City and it is difficult for you to travel to do the process, you can do the following:
- Hire the services of a Manager to do the process for you.
- Send the documentation to a friend or relative who lives in Mexico City and do the paperwork for you.
- Hiring the services of an agency.
The Embassy of Egypt recommends processing the visa at least 1 month before the trip, since it is valid for 3 months from its issuance.
Take into account that the embassy does not carry out express or urgent procedures. And it is also important that they verify that the embassy is open on the day they plan to do the procedure, since they could find it closed for holidays in Egypt or Mexico. To confirm this, you can call these phones: (52-55) 5281-0698 Ext. 101, or (52-55) 5281-0823 Ext. 101.
Your comments are really important