The Food & Wine Festival kicked off on July 14 at EPCOT in Walt Disney World, where travelers can enjoy food and drinks from six continents.
The Food & Wine Festival, running through November 19, 2022, will offer eight new experiences for foodies as well as the “World’s Most Magical Celebration” in honor of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
Among what can be found at the festival, the following stand out:
International food and drink markets with unique dream dishes
- Debuting this year is The Fry Basket, a fries spot with savory and sweet toppings, including the Fry Flight, which features three different flavors: Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Fries; Barbecued Bacon Fries with Smoked Aioli; and Sweet Potato Casserole Fries with candied pecans, toasted marshmallow creme, and caramel whiskey.
- Crispy Paneer with Mango-Curry Ketchup, Potato and Pea Samosa with Cilantro Lemon Cream, and Chicken Tikka Masala with Yogurt, Fennel Spices and Naan Bread.
- Open at 8:30am daily, Belgium Market serves Belgian Waffles topped with hot chocolate ganache or berry compote and whipped cream, as well as iced mocha coffee, perfect for those looking to get an early start on their journey. gastronomic.
- The Swanky Saucy Swine offers Crispy Barbecued Pork Rinds with pimento cheese, and a new entrée: Grilled Pork Shoulder Lettuce Wrap with charred corn sauce, pickled red onion and lemon cilantro.
- Hops & Barley showcases the best of America with a Chesapeake Crab Slider with Cajun Beet Slaw, as well as fresh-baked carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
- The Alps introduces a new dish that is perfect for the changing seasons: Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Riesling Poached Pears, Red Wine Braised Figs, Candied Walnuts, Honey and Blueberry Toast.
- In addition, you will find dishes from Germany, Spain, Canada, Australia, Greece, Japan, Brazil, Coastal Eats and Flavors From Fire, among others.
Eat to the Beat Concert Series presentada por Florida Blue Medicare
World-renowned artists will perform at the America Gardens Theater Friday through Monday and local bands rock the house Tuesday through Thursday.
Among some that will be presented are:
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Blanco Brown
- The Invisible Friends
- Sheila E.
- 38 Special
- Robert Randolph Band
- Ray Parker Jr.
- Billy Ocean
- Boyz II Men
- Kenny G
- Sugar Ray
In addition, the Eat to the Beat dining package is offered for the concerts from Friday to Monday, where in addition to enjoying a delicious meal at a select EPCOT restaurant, they will have a guaranteed seat for one of the performances later in the day.
The festival also offers interactive experiences such as:
Emile’s Fromage Montage, where cheese lovers can take a stroll to sample cheese plates inventively served. To participate, visitors must purchase five different items from the list of qualifying dishes available in selected global markets (listed in the festival passport) and collect a special stamp from each location they visit. Then, they will be able to receive a special dessert served in a festival cup.
Kids of all ages can embark on a Ratatouille-inspired adventure that’s tres magnifique in Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak. In this delightful scavenger hunt, travelers will need to purchase a map and stamps at select festival merchandise locations (while supplies last), then explore EPCOT to find Remy figurines that match their stamps and the map. Whether they choose to search for the ingredients or not, visitors can turn in their map at redemption locations throughout the park to receive a small festival souvenir item.
Also, for the Halloween season, from September 29 to October 31 (or while supplies last), you can enjoy Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit. With the purchase of a map and stamps, guests can search around EPCOT for hidden decorative pumpkins themed after Disney characters. Whether they choose to hunt for the pumpkins or not, visitors can return their map at redemption locations in the park to receive a small festival souvenir item.
Also in the festival merchandise you will find five new collections with commemorative clothing, accessories and adorable souvenirs.
If you want to know more about the event, visit the official page of the International Food & Wine Festival 2022.
Your comments are really important