From September 2 to November 2, favorite fall celebrations will return to the Disneyland Resort, where travelers can experience incredible adventures.
This is Halloween Time, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party and Plaza de la Familia, featuring the seasonal holiday décor including Mickey Mouse pumpkin, Headless Horseman statue, Halloween-themed attractions like Haunted Mansion Holiday and Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, photo opportunities with favorite Disney characters and villains, and special treats.
In addition, the celebration will extend to the Downtown Disney District with a colorful decoration of pumpkins. Also, from September 9 to October 31, travelers will see the return of Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit.
Halloween Time can be enjoyed at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
At Disneyland, travelers can meet their favorite Disney characters decked out in new Halloween looks, or Disney villains looking to cause some mischief. Visitors will enjoy vibrant seasonal décor as the Main Street Pumpkin Festival transforms Main Street, USA, with quirky pumpkins in store windows as ghouls and goblins of all ages take photos with the iconic giant mickey mouse pumpkin
In New Orleans Square, the Haunted Mansion attraction will transform to become Haunted Mansion Holiday, as Jack Skellington trashes the halls of the mansion with ghastly festive décor inspired by “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.”
Visitors can enjoy the sweet sight and smell of the Gingerbread House perched perilously on the ballroom table. They can also find Sally, Zero and other of their favorite characters from the movie.
Plus, each night between September 2 and October 31, guests will enjoy the supernatural return of “Halloween Screams,” a vibrant projection and light show. On weekend nights, “Halloween Screams” will take to the skies with fireworks that are sure to rouse the Halloween spirits.
At Disney California Adventure, upon entering the park, Oogie Boogie, from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas,” towers over guests channeling his magic to create a Halloween everyone can enjoy forever, transforming favorite attractions with eerie details and ethereal
Guests will roll to Cars Land as Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams, where the resident characters will transform their homes with a unique Haul O-Ween twist. Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruz and Red will be ready to greet travelers in their best costumes. Take a ride on popular Cars Land attractions revved up in the Halloween spirit: Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree opts for a spooky soundtrack to become Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree, and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters takes guests on a wicked whirlwind to become Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
On Avengers Campus, as night falls, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! transforms into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, a thrilling, hair-raising adventure filled with spooky creatures and mind-blowing falls. During the Guardians of the Galaxy’s escape from The Collector’s Fortress, Groot was accidentally left behind. Guests can complete the rescue mission to save Groot by helping Rocket distract creatures from across the galaxy that have escaped. Teaming up with the Guardians, each visitor can help save the galaxy from creepy crawlies during the Halloween season.
On Buena Vista Street, Mickey Mouse and friends conjure up the fashions of bygone seasons with old-fashioned Halloween looks, primed and photo-ready. Festive Halloween decorations will add to the atmosphere of Buena Vista Street.
Plaza de la Familia will be located at Disney California Adventure and it is an immersive celebration inspired by the Day of the Dead, where they will enjoy live entertainment, food, crafts and interactive experiences.
Must-see activities include “A Musical Celebration of Coco,” a lively street performance honoring Disney and Pixar’s “Coco” and the everlasting bonds of family; plus, enjoy Mariachi music at the Paradise Gardens Bandstand; The World of Coco, an intriguing art installation; a photo opportunity with the iconic Tree of Life, a location and wall of memories and the opportunity to greet the handmade figure of Miguel from “Coco”.
You’ll also find an exhibit commemorating Día de los Muertos traditions, featuring a musical trio of iconic skeleton figures, brightly colored flowers and other festive décor honoring the spirit of the season, located in Frontierland.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will be held on select nights between September 6 and October 31, where guests can enjoy a spooky evening at Disney California Adventure, which requires a separate ticket and takes place after general park hours of operation.
This limited-capacity event offers kids and guests of all ages the opportunity to enjoy the park’s attractions, unique entertainment, character meet-and-greets, food and drinks and more while wearing their favorite Halloween costumes. In addition to enjoying spooky scenery and trick-or-treating experiences, guests attending Oogie Boogie Bash will also be able to explore areas within Disney California Adventure that remain open during the event, including Avengers Campus.
The benefits that Oogie Boogie Bash offers include:
- Access to Disney California Adventure park before the event – The event begins at 6 pm PT and ticketed guests will be able to enjoy Disney California Adventure Park three hours before the event begins.
- Immersive Candy Trails throughout Disney California Adventure, offering kids and adults of all ages the opportunity to dress up and collect treats with the famous trick-or-treating encounters with their favorite characters and some new ones.
- The show “Mickey’s Trick and Treat”, a not-so-scary family celebration where guests of all ages can enjoy dancing with Mickey and his friends.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads the way, riding his ghostly black steed to the start of the parade, flashing lantern in hand. Followed by a cavalcade of Disney characters and mischievous villains, ready to cause some trouble.
- encounters with characters consider favorite Disney characters including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck – and some villains too. Visitors will be able to meet unexpected characters at this Halloween party, ready to take pictures and interact with them.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail turns into Villains Grove, an ethereal wonderland with visuals inspired by Disney villains. With lights, projections, sound and special effects, visitors will experience a dream world that unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the dark night to create an enchanting world.
- A Halloween spell will be cast upon the facade of Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street, transforming the iconic tower structure overnight with a swarm of bats, pulsing green energy and mesmerizing moments to delight visitors.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass Digital Downloads of the event are included in admission to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. Disney PhotoPass photographers are on hand throughout the event to help the entire family create spectacular photo moments.
Beginning June 30, tickets to the after-hours event general park operations, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will be for sale to the public. The pre-sale starts on June 28 for Magic Key holders, In addition, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will be able to purchase their tickets. for the exclusive night for them scheduled for September 10.
HalloweenTime and Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party can be enjoyed from September 2 to October 31, while Plaza la Familia from September 2 to November 2.
If you want to know more details about these celebrations, we recommend you visit the disneyland resort page.
Your comments are really important