Clive Davis, the legendary music mogul, took to Twitter on Sunday to praise the performance of the Rising Stars at the 2023 Grammy Awards.
“I was so impressed by the Rising Stars performance at the Grammys tonight,” Davis tweeted. “They are all such talented young artists with bright futures ahead of them.”
The Rising Stars performance featured a medley of songs by some of the most promising new artists in the music industry. The lineup included:
- Arlo Parks, a British singer-songwriter who won the 2022 Brit Award for Best British Female Solo Artist
- Benny Blanco, an American record producer and DJ who has worked with some of the biggest names in music, including Justin Bieber, Ed Sheeran, and Halsey
- Clairo, an American indie pop singer-songwriter who has been praised for her intimate and vulnerable songwriting
- Doja Cat, an American rapper and singer who has won three Grammy Awards
- Jack Harlow, an American rapper who has had multiple hit singles, including “Industry Baby” and “Whats Poppin”
- Olivia Rodrigo, an American singer-songwriter who won three Grammy Awards in 2022, including Best New Artist
- Rosalía, a Spanish singer-songwriter who has been praised for her fusion of flamenco and pop music
- Silk Sonic, a duo consisting of Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak who won two Grammy Awards in 2022, including Record of the Year and Song of the Year
Davis’s tweet was met with a wave of support from fans and industry insiders. Many people agreed that the performance was a highlight of the Grammy Awards.
“The Rising Stars performance was one of the best things I’ve seen at the Grammys in years,” tweeted one fan. “It was so inspiring to see such talented young artists come together and put on such a great show.”
“The Rising Stars are the future of music,” tweeted another fan. “They’re all so talented and have so much potential.”
The Rising Stars performance is a reminder that the music industry is in good hands with the next generation of artists.