The European Union announced that as of May 2023, travelers from 60 countries must process the European Travel Information and Authorization System, better known as ETIAS.
This system will simplify the process of immigration to the European Schengen area and is also designed to improve border security.
This permit will be valid for 3 years and will allow multiple trips of less than 90 days, each, within countries of the European Union or the Schengen area.
After landing in their selected state of entry, travelers can visit any of the 22 European Union member countries that are part of Schengen, as well as non-EU EFTA countries such as Iceland and Norway.
ETIAS also extends to the Canary Islands and Madeira.
Travel to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania will also require ETIAS as these are EU countries in the process of joining the Schengen Area.
Also read: What is the Schengen Zone?
The requirements to process ETIAS are:
Credit / debit card
The passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the expected date of arrival in Europe.
The procedure is done online and you only have to fill out a form, as well as make the payment. The price of ETIAS will be 7 euros.
The form requests data such as:
- Personal data: full name and date of birth, nationality and gender
- Identification documents: passport details Contact information: email and phone number
- Destination country in Europe
- Personal questions: academic background, employment situation
- Security questions: You will be asked if they have traveled to active conflict zones, criminal records, among others.
- Family relationship with a European citizen
The countries of the Traveling Republic that must carry out this procedure are: Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, United States, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
If you want to know more information about it, click here.
Your comments are really important