As of 2024, all travelers from 60 countries visiting the European Union must apply for the European Travel Information and Authorization System, known as ETIAS.
The ETIAS It will be valid for 3 years and will allow multiple trips of less than 90 days each, within countries of the European Union or the Schengen zone.
This system will simplify the immigration process and is also designed to improve border security.
The countries of the Traveling Republic that must process the ETIAS are the following:
After landing in their selected entry state, travelers can visit any of the 22 European Union member countries that are part of Schengen, as well as non-EU EFTA countries such as Iceland and Norway.
ETIAS also extends to the Canary Islands and Madeira.
To travel to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania you will also need ETIAS as they are EU countries in the process of joining the Schengen Area.
The requirements to process ETIAS are:
- Valid passport
- Credit / debit card
- Email address.
- The passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the expected date of arrival in Europe.
The process is done online and you only have to fill out a form, as well as make the payment. The ETIAS price will be 7 euros. The form requests data such as:
- Personal data: full name and date of birth, nationality and gender
- Identification documents: passport data Contact information: email and telephone number
- Destination country in Europe
- Personal questions: academic background, employment situation
- Security questions: it will ask if they have traveled to active conflict zones, criminal records, among others.
- Family relationship with a European citizen
If you want to know more details about this new requirement, click here