Learn how to make bechamel sauce, also known as white sauce! An excellent sauce for dishes such as: pasta, lasagna and other pasta! See the recipe!
Béchamel Sauce (White Sauce)
To prepare the classic béchamel sauce, use the ingredients listed and follow the step-by-step instructions for your white sauce to be perfect!
1 bay leaf
500ml of milk
25g of wheat flour
25g of butter
- Cut 1 onion in half;
- Attach the bay leaf to the onion using the cloves;
- Put in a pan on the fire;
- Add milk until covered;
- When it starts to boil, turn off the heat;
- Leave for 5 minutes;
- Sift and reserve;
- Turn a pan over medium heat;
- Add the butter and let it melt;
- Add the flour;
- Add the milk gradually while mixing;
- Add a pinch of nutmeg;
- Add a pinch of black pepper;
- Add a pinch of salt
- Dip a spoon and run your finger along the back of it.
If the sauce “holds” and does not run, it is ready and can be turned off;
- Sift the white sauce;
- Your béchamel sauce is ready!