There are trips that leave you speechless! When asked how you would describe your experience at the destination it can be difficult to answer and summarize it all. Each trip is special, with different people, places and even learnings. Even if you travel once a year or every month, all places mark you in one way or another. But they also leave you with many photos that you are surely dying to publish, so we share them with you. the 50 best travel phrases so that they are the perfect complement to the memory of your trip.
Contents of this article
50 BEST TRAVEL PHRASES
We start this list of 50 best travel phrases with our 10 favorites.
1. “Wherever you go…go with all your heart.” – Confucius
2. “Dare to live the life you have always wanted.”
3. “Whoever wants to travel happily must travel light.” – Antoine de St. Exupery
4. “Travel and changes of place give new vigor to the mind.” – Seneca
5. “Travelling leaves you speechless and then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta. Definitely, one of the best travel phrases!
6. “We do not travel to escape life, but so that life does not escape us.” – Anonymous
7. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Augustine of Hippo
8. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
9. “A trip is lived 3 times: when we dream about it, when we live it and when we remember it.” – Anonymous
10. “Traveling is the best way to get lost and find yourself at the same time.” – Brenna Smith
We continue with the best travel phrases!
11. “Traveling is the only thing you pay for and it makes you richer.” – Anonymous
12. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world, you change things slightly, you leave marks, no matter how small. And in return, life (and travel) leaves marks on you.” – Antonio Bourdain
13. “If you reject food, ignore customs, fear religion and avoid people, you had better stay home.” -James Michener
14. “You must go on adventures to discover where you really belong.” –Sue Fitzmaurice
15. “Live life without excuses, travel without regrets.” – Oscar Wilde
16. “I am not the same after having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” -Mary Anne Radmacher
17. “Own only what you can always carry with you: learn languages, see countries, meet people. “Let your memory be your travel bag.” –Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
18. “What gives value to the journey is fear. “It breaks a kind of inner structure that we all have.” –Elizabeth Benedict
19. “Travel often; “Losing yourself will help you find yourself.” – Holstee Manifesto. Definitely, one of the best travel phrases!
20. “Travel has a way of stretching the mind. The stretch comes not from the immediate rewards of travel, the inevitable myriad of new sights, smells and sounds, but from experiencing firsthand how others do differently what we believed to be the correct and only way.” –Ralph Crawshaw
21. “The best trips are the ones that answer the questions you didn’t even think to ask at first.” – Rick Ridgeway
22. “Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying: I would stay and love you, but I have to go; “This is my station.” – Lisa St. Aubin of Teran
23. “There is no more complete man than one who has traveled a lot, who has changed his way of thinking and living twenty times.” – Alfonso de Lamartine
24. “When you live in a place for a long time, you go blind because you didn’t observe anything. “I travel so as not to go blind.” – Josef Koudelka
25. “The only rule for traveling is: don’t come back the way you left. Come back different” – Anne Carson
26. “And there is nothing more beautiful than the moment before the trip, the moment when the horizon of tomorrow comes to visit us and tell us its promises.” –Mila Kundera
27. “We travel because we need to, because distance and difference are the secret tonic of creativity. When we get home, home is still the same. But something in our minds has changed, and that changes everything” – Jonah Lehrer
28. “Travel is the best teacher. The only way to an open mind is to take a plane to the open world” – C. JoyBell C.
29. “The journey does not become an adventure until you abandon yourself” – Marty Rubin
30. “Traveling is like an endless university. “You never stop learning” – Harvey Lloyd
We continue with some of the best travel phrases!
31. “Once you have travelled, the journey never ends, but rather unfolds again and again in the quieter chambers of our minds. The mind can never be separated from the journey.” –Pat Conroy
32. “I believe that the happiest moment of human life is a departure for unknown lands.” –Sir Richard Burton
33. “With age comes wisdom. With travel comes understanding.” –Sandra Lake
34. “A trip is always a discovery, first of new places and then the discovery of what new places do to your mind and your heart. Traveling is always, in some way, exploring yourself.” – Stephen Littleword
35. “It is better to see something once than to hear it a thousand times.” – Asian proverb
36. “Roads are made by walking.” – Franz Kafka
37. “Life is a great field to cultivate. Traveling sows you the diversity of the Earth. “To travel is to beautify it with the colors of the world.” –Lesven
38. “You don’t take a trip. “The journey makes us and breaks us, the journey invents us.” – David Le Breton
39. “Travel not only expands the mind, it shapes it.” –Bruce Chatwin
40. “Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes and a clear mind.” – Rick Steves
And to finish, another 10 more!
41. “Life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” –Simon Ravem
42. “When traveling, the best thing is to get lost. When you are lost, plans become surprises, and it is then, and only then, that the journey truly begins.” – Nicolas Bouvier
43. “Wherever you go, it somehow becomes a part of you.” – Anita Desai
44. “Traveling is not always pretty. It’s not always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; I should change you. It leaves marks in your memory, in your conscience, in your heart and in your body. Take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” –Anthony Bourdain
45. “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have changed.” – Nelson Mandela
46. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.” – Mark Twain
47. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing the lawn. Climb that damn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
48. “I haven’t been everywhere, but they are on my list.” –Susan Sontag
49. “I love the feeling of being anonymous in a city I’ve never been to.” –Bill Bryson
50. “Work, Travel, Save, Repeat” – Anonymous
Of all the best travel quotes, which one is your favorite? Surely you will use more than one when publishing photos of your adventure.
But the most important thing is that inspire you to continue traveling and exploring the world. There is nothing more extraordinary than traveling! If you have any other phrase that has marked and motivated you that is not on the list, leave us a comment.